Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's Dress-up Dog!

There are two things I've noticed about dogs here in Japan:  All of them are being walked by adults, not children, and over half of them are always dressed up!  I can only assume that these are pets of the retired or stay-at-home moms; and, as such, they get a whole lot of TLC!  Occasionally, I do run across a large dog, which really "blows my mind" since there seem to be no apartments big enough to contain such, nor are there any yards for the poor animals to move about outside.  I guess that will remain a mystery for me to unravel.  

Nevertheless, I will proceed to show you my collection of dressed-up dogs that I encounter every morning on my walk through a nearby park.  Most are dressed up (from sweaters to tutus to "hoodies" to jogging outfits!); some are rather large for Japan, and others are just interesting.



Need a ride?



 







Pants even!!!  Are you kidding?

Sooo dang big!!!





Best friends!








More friends!
  
This last dog has its two hind legs wrapped up.  Most mornings it is brought to the park and placed on the ground where it can enjoy the surroundings!  Amazing!

I have mentioned before that the pet stores are very interesting!  They appear at the onset to be baby or children's stores; but upon closer examination, they are actually stores where
shoppers can find those things available for true "pet spoiling."



And if you aren't convinced yet, surely this last photo will give you an idea of what you can buy for your dog so that it will be the "most vogue" of any dog in the neighborhood!

Woof!  Woof!

2 comments:

  1. just so funny! and cute - well kind of and only some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. are you bringing home some of that pet couture for bruno or what?!

    ReplyDelete