Friday, January 18, 2013

Gates Galore!

In previous posts I have pointed out how so many of the houses come right up to the street.  In a lot of these cases, the homeowners have installed gates.  I believe these serve three functions:
protection, privacy, and aesthetics.  
Click on this first photo and then "cruise along" for a wordless tribute through a number of my favorites. I have truly enjoyed discovering the variety and beauty of these gates as I've explored a number of Japanese neighborhoods in the Nakano area of greater Tokyo.




















Even the school yards have beautiful gates!





















































2 comments:

  1. you are crazy. what in the world are you going to do with 72 (seventy-two!) pictures of gates?! seriously. nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking the same thing as erin. :)

    they are pretty cool, though!

    ReplyDelete